Martha has worked as a public school teacher; in a corporate environment at Hewlett-Packard; and as a facilitator of personal and leadership development courses. Listening to stories of everyday people as a StoryCorps’ facilitator, Martha experienced the transformational power of deep listening.
Martha’s desire for a deeper spiritual life led to the completion of a Certificate in Spiritual Formation from Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University.
Continuing study has included ~
- Courage to Teach Workshop with Parker Palmer
- Imagery / Healing & Mind-Body Health Intensives with Jeanne Achterberg and Frank Lawlis
- Appreciative Inquiry Workshop with David Cooperrider
- Centering Prayer retreats ~ Colorado, Texas, Tennessee
- Spiritual Direction with Fr. Paul Jones
- Jungian Dream Interpretation with James Hall, M.D. Jungian Analyst
- Solitude retreats at Lebh Shomea House of Prayer ~Texas
Martha lives an urban lifestyle in Nashville, Tennessee and is the mother of a daughter and son. She volunteers with Alive Hospice.